I Have An Amazing Talent!


                                             

      It has taken decades to learn and fine tune this ability. 
Standing at the precipice of Medicare, and about to dive
into the Golden Pond years of fatigue, I can now humbly
demonstrate my proficiency. (Please try not to be jealous.)
                          I’m a negativity expert.




A Sensitive Person is Sensible

    Regarding weather comfort, my body quickly reacts 
when the temperature range is not between my 68 to 71
degree tolerance. (Winter lasted SOO long this year, and
now we’ve jumped right into a hot summer!)

    My emotional radar is able to detect a negative 
comment/inference or demeaning body language from 
a person ten feet away.  Acquaintances do not have to 
spell out their feelings about me or any other interesting
subject: I intuitively prepare my defensive responses before 
they finish talking. Verbal interruptions are effective 
for time-saving or boredom relief.



Life is Half-full

   When there are only healthy foods in my refrigerator, 
my stomach craves ice cream and cookies, or pie.  If out 
on the town with a group of friends, I yearn for quiet
time by myself.  When reading at home in bed, thoughts
of loneliness keep me awake.  My cat would be a good
companion, except for her constant fur-shedding, and
obnoxious ways of getting attention.    
   
    My skill at pessimism is very helpful when making
travel plans. There is wisdom in being prepared for
transportation delays, weather-related disaster,
germs/bedbugs, lack of acceptable food, air-borne
disease, and the many other disturbances that would
ruin a vacation. Making a list of things that can go 
wrong has helped appropriately pack the needed large,
extra suitcases.

   There are philosophies that claim having an optimistic,
count your blessings attitude is preferable for overall health
and life satisfaction.  I’m guessing that theory evolved by
people unable to face reality.





Are you a sensitive, life is half-full person? 
What amazing talents do you own?
If you’d like more examples of pessimism skills, contact me,
and I’ll see if I feel like answering.


Comments

  1. I can relate. Pessimism gets me down. This is a good reminder to look at the bright side!

    Debby E.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments appreciated!